Amazon PS3

Friday, April 19, 2013

Django Unchained - DVD Review




Django Unchained

1858

2 years before The Civil War

Somewhere in Texas...

Quentin Tarantino's latest creation about a dentist turned bounty hunter who buys the freedom of a slave named Django to help him track down 3 bountys.  Along-the-way, the bounty hunter decides to train Django in the ways of the bounty hunter and aids him in his search to find and free his wife.

I rented this from Redbox last night.  After dinner with the kids tucked in their beds, I slid the dvd into my ps3 and braced myself for a 165 minute escape from reality.  At first, because I watch so many movies, I thought this was going to be "just another movie".

Turns out I was pleasantly surprised!

Django Unchained is filled with all of the Tarantino trademarks.  The odd actor pairings, old western and seventies music, dark humor, and excessively bloody shootouts.

Jamie Foxx as Django and Christoph Waltz as Dr. Schultz work together stunningly.  I've grown to like Christoph Waltz for his Quirky portrayals of villain type characters. His performance in Django mirrors that of Chudnofsky in The Green Hornet with Seth Rogen.

If you like Tarantino films this one is definitely for you !

Preview :



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!